Tuesday, December 1, 2009

New Broom

I'm starting this blog to track my software apprenticeship - for an explanation of that term, see Apprenticeship Patterns: Guidance for the Aspiring Software Craftsman  by Dave Hoover and Adewale Oshineye.  In fact, buy the book, so you can understand why somebody who's been in the software development biz since computers ran on kerosene would want to be an apprentice, and whence the title of this blog.

I'm going to start off with some postings from my Ruby diary.  I'm at Obtiva this week, participating in a "Craftsman Spike".  Instead of trying to explain that, I'll let you read the posts.  And eventually I'll fill in more background.

I've used "TWGR" in some of the posts - that stands for The Well-Grounded Rubyist, the best programming language book I've ever read and currently my bible.

No comments:

Post a Comment